0

Why do Authors kill off characters?

Posted by Unknown on 5:37 PM
I'm crying now. Not because anything sad happened, but I was googling my favorite Hunger Games characters and I found Rue. How come when you google image Rue, you mostly get her dying covered in flowers?
 So this is just a question....... Why do authors kill off major characters? In Harry Potter for instance. It's like, "Oh, I like Cedric... and then he dies!" Or "Oh, I like Sirius! Maybe Harry will have a semi normal life"... and then he dies! The same thing happens with George, Dobby, Lupin, Tonks, and a host of other characters. Now, I'm trying not to rant, I mean, I know it gets more people to read the books, but why kill them off? Why not let Rue join in with the almost Suicide? Just putting that question out there. Why couldn't Rue survive, and Katniss and Peeta refuse to kill her like they did to each other? Just Saying.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Geek Inc. All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.